Team Leaders, Prince's Trust
Starting Salary: £24,799 pa progressing to £26,999 pa
Hours: 37 per week
Contract: Fixed Term/Secondment for 12 Months
To recruit, select and lead a Team of individuals through the Team programme. The Team Leader facilitates and encourages Team achievements, while guiding each Team member on an individual learning journey. You will have excellent communication skills and the ability to interact on a personal basis with individuals aged 16-25 years. You will accompany the Team throughout their 12 week programme which provides Skills for Life. This role may involve travelling throughout the County therefore a UK driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential however you will have access to a mini bus for transporting Team members.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- The ability to provide leadership in a challenging environment
- The ability to provide a positive role model for young people
- Organisational skills and self-motivation
- Experience of working with groups of young people
- The ability to work on own initiative, with the ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to write reports and deliver presentations to a variety of audiences
- Experience of managing health and safety including risk assessments
- Commitment to Equal Opportunities Legislation and an understanding of, and commitment to work within, the principles of diversity
- Full driving licence and use of own vehicle (D1 Category preferable but not essential)
For an informal discussion please contact Katy Bowen on 07812 323052.
Closing date: 11 November 2019
Interview date: 20 November 2019
HFRS - Prince’s Trust
Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service act as a delivery partner for The Prince’s Trust Team Programme. A position has arisen for an Assistant Team Leader to help deliver and facilitate this exciting project. This represents a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to help lead and influence the Prince’s Trust Team Programme within Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service and have a positive impact on the lives of some of Hertfordshire’s most vulnerable young people.
The Prince’s Trust
The Prince’s Trust is the UK’s leading youth charity offering 14-30 year olds opportunities to develop confidence, learn new skills, get into work and start businesses. It aims to help young people who would not otherwise have the opportunity to succeed - particularly focusing on those who are unemployed, educational underachievers, within or leaving the criminal justice system or leaving care.
The Prince’s Trust Team Programme is a 12 week personal development course of up to 15 young people aged between 16 and 25 years old who take part in a challenging and action-packed 12 week programme. The young people are from a variety of backgrounds and experiences, including employees, paid for by their employers. This team ‘mix’ is a unique ingredient which contributes to the development of all Team members. The Team develops confidence, motivation and skills and offers young people the opportunity to gain qualifications. The aim is to help young people move into employment, education or training.