- Are you an ambitious and talented professional seeking to take the next step in your career?
- Are you looking for working arrangements that will enhance your work-life balance, including flexible working options and generous holiday allowance?
If you answered yes, we would love to hear from you!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineer position within the Traffic and Engineering section responsible for the management and delivery of highway engineering services. We deliver a broad range of civil engineering opportunities within the team covering areas such as traffic, public realm, capital maintenance, lighting, flooding and S106 highway projects. This role is ideal for an experienced engineer who wishes to take on additional technical and management responsibilities.
The role is based in Wandsworth, and you will be responsible for the design and implementation of traffic schemes that would include town centre public realm, traffic calming and cycling infrastructure to enhance the highway, improve road safety and promote walking and cycling. There will also be the opportunity to work on S278 projects and sustainable urban drainage initiatives to reduce the risk of flooding in the boroughs.
This is a fast moving and dynamic team which will suit talented and ambitious professionals seeking to take the next step in their career. You will be working in a stimulating and supportive environment, where you will have the opportunity to pursue an engineering professional qualification. You will be required to use your programme and contract management skills and demonstrate excellent budgetary and financial management.
- Ensure that the services for both Councils are dealt with to deliver the standards required.
- Provide operational and motivational leadership of staff.
- Ensure all Member queries about service delivery are dealt with promptly and effectively.
- Advise and support senior managers on relevant service and operational matters.
- Support ways of working that ensure residents and stakeholders are actively engaged in the future of the function.
- You will have sound practical highway/traffic engineering knowledge.
- You possess knowledge of street works, highways and other relevant legislation and associated health and safety requirements.
- You have working knowledge of asset management, prioritising and programming of schemes.
- You will have appropriate professional qualification and at least 1 year’s post qualification experience.
Please review the attached Job Profile for the full details on this varied role. If you have the skills we are looking for and would like the challenge of taking on this unique opportunity, please follow the steps below to apply.
How to apply?
Please register, submit your CV and a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of this role. If you are having difficulty in applying online, please contact the Recruitment Team on 0208 871 8825 or email@example.com to see if we can offer alternative arrangements for you to apply.
Why choose us?
In return, we can offer you working arrangements that will enhance your work-life balance. These include a range of flexible working options and a generous holiday allowance of 31 days plus bank holidays.
In addition, we offer a range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at many leisure activities, restaurants, shops, and other establishments. A wide range of developmental opportunities are also offered.
Richmond and Wandsworth are currently reviewing our pay, reward and benefits framework, in partnership with Trade Union colleagues. We are developing different options that make sure we have a fair and transparent system in place.
Indicative Recruitment Timeline
Closing Date: Sunday 17th November 2019
Shortlisting Date: Week commencing Monday 18th November 2019
Interview Date: Week commencing Monday 25th November 2019
Please note that these dates are only indicative at this stage and could be subject to change.
The closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds bring important and positive contributions to the Councils and can improve the way we deliver services. We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.