Salary: £21,707 - £23,790 per annum
37 Hours per Week
Are you a friendly and outgoing professional with excellent attention to detail?
Inspire Thurrock Careers within Thurrock Council is a successful service that supports young people throughout Thurrock to reach their true potential by proving impartial careers information advice and guidance.
From making regular contact with young people to reporting on projected Post 16 progression, you will take an involved and responsible for both 'tracking' young people and providing administration support to the Inspire Careers team and their delivery projects.
About the role:
As the Tracking Officer, you will:
- Contact young people to ascertain their current destination
- Update young people's information into a bespoke database
- Arrange meetings between young people, their family and staff
- Carry out general administrative tasks including; report writing, diary management and invoicing.
As the ideal candidate, you will be able to display the following skills:
- Methodical and self-motivated
- Knowledge of financial procedure
- Positive attitude to both internal and external customers
- Understand the need for confidentiality and professional boundaries
- Interested in the young people of Thurrock
What we offer:
In return we offer a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Flexible working
- Generous pension scheme
- Interest-free loans for green travel such as bikes or public transport season tickets
- Discounted rates for retailers, restaurants, retailers, attractions and experience days
- Employee assistance programme to provide support to employees both at and outside of work
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will required for this role at enhanced level.
Closing Date: 10 November 2019
Our vision - An ambitious and collaborative community which is proud of its heritage and excited by its diverse opportunities and future.
Thurrock is an exciting place to live and work. We are an emerging cultural and arts centre, home to the production centre for the Royal Opera House and the National Skills Academy for Creative and Cultural Skills. We have retail and leisure that is among the best, with the magnificent intu Lakeside, and breath-taking countryside all around. There is over 1,000 acres of land ready for commercial development and there are likely to be 30,000 new homes built with transport links that can get you into London and other parts of the UK quickly and easily.
As a Disability Confident Employer, disabled people will be offered an interview where they meet all essential criteria on the person specification. We champion flexible working and job share applications are welcome.
We serve a diverse community where people are different yet equal. Diversity underpins everything we do.
To view the Job Profile and Person Specification please follow the link below: