We want to help our most vulnerable guests to get their lives firmly back on track. It`s why we are person centred, always putting the guests first delivering great care, enthusiastic, energetic, reliable and trustworthy. We have a can-do attitude! You`ll have time to do things right. Positive approach by all, for all.
Because we`re Bracknell Forest!
What it`s like working in our team¦
We are a small team who works closely together to make sure we are providing the best support to the individuals who use our service. Sometimes the work is challenging however there is also time for finding creative solutions and every day is different.
The role of the Assistant Unit Manager is to not only to support the Provider Services Manager in the day to day running of the services, but to be creative in what we can, as a service deliver.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training¦
- Promote person centred, inclusive approaches to ensure the needs of all groups are fully reflected in service delivery and promote a positive image of the services by contributing to achieving the aims and objectives of the service.
- To ensure that records are maintained appropriately so that the performance of the team can be monitored and reported and to carry out or contribute to performance/quality audits with the purpose of improving the service to people.
- To contribute to the formulation and implementation of Policy and Procedures within the service and to manage specific areas of the service as delegated by the Provider Services Manager.
- Ensure good communications within the whole LD service so that the service to individuals is coordinated and safe. This will include good Leadership and motivational skills.
- Participate in all appropriate internal/external training as identified through the supervision and appraisal system and utilise the skills and knowledge gained to improve services to individuals.
The benefits you will experience are¦
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
- Access to childcare vouchers.
What were looking for¦.
The ideal candidate will be able to relate to and empathise with individuals with a learning disability. You will know how to implement empowering risk management procedures. You will also be a role model and demonstrate the Councils values and beliefs. Receptive to new ideas and able to accept changes you will be motivated and able to use initiative.
Interview date please insert below if known
Interviews will be held on Thursday 28th November.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Name: Sarah Faulkner
Job Title: Provider Services Manager
Phone Number: 01344 353333