Environmental Health Officer / Pollution Control Officer
Grade H £29,636 - £32,878 per annum
Post Number: CE364 – 37 Hours per week
Benefits to you:
- Essential Car User Allowance
- Flexible Working
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Payment of one professional fee per annum
- Discounted Council Leisure Centre membership
- Opportunities to join health care schemes
- 25 days holiday and 30 after 5 years continuous service
- Cycle Scheme
- Free Parking
Cannock Chase Council is a forward thinking authority planning to meet the key challenges for local government in the coming years. We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced Environmental Health Officer / Pollution Control Officer to join us.
The post is based in our Environmental Protection Section, which delivers all environmental protection regulatory functions including environmental permitting, air quality management, envirocrime, public health nuisances and pest and dog control services.
In the post you will be given considerable responsibility and expected to make a positive contribution to team outcomes. Enjoying a varied, challenging case load, working within a supportive team, you will also have freedom to devise and implement project work. You will be given every opportunity to make full use of your skills and to influence how our work is carried out.
Essential requirements for this role include:
- A degree or equivalent in Environmental Health or Environmental Science and or Protection;
- For the EHO role, Certificate of Registration from EHRB;
- Post qualification experience in, and knowledge of, one or more specialist areas;
- Good communication and customer care skills;
- The ability to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines;
- The ability to develop good working relationships with colleagues;
- To work well both in a team and on your own initiative;
- A flexible approach to work;
- ICT skills including Microsoft packages, email and internet.
In addition you should be objective in all situations and be able to deal with confrontational and traumatic situations.
If you feel you have the required experience and skills and want to be part of our team, please contact either Dave Prosser-Davies (Environmental Protection Manager) on 01543 464202, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or James Johnson (Senior EHO) on 01543 464694 Email: email@example.com for an informal discussion.