Reading Borough Council is committed to providing high quality, effective and efficient waste collection service.
We carry out a full range of domestic, recycling and commercial waste collection services to a high standard endeavouring to reduce landfill and maximize recycling across the services.
We are looking for experienced refuse loaders to work in our busy depot safely and effectively.
The ideal candidate should be prepared for physically demanding manual work. You will be working in all weathers and must have a can-do and flexible attitude.
Applicants holding an HGV License will be at an advantage and may be required to cover permanent drivers whilst they are on leave. Successful candidates will be required to undertake a C licence (HGV) training within the first 6-12 months of employment.
About the role
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collection of refuse and recycling in wheeled bins and bags
- Operating compactors and loaders
- Walking up to 15 miles per day on designated rounds
- Working in a team
- Excellent customer care skills
- Follow Health & Safety procedures
Benefits available to RBC employees include:
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
- Shopping vouchers and money off the deal
successful applicants that match basic criteria, will be invited to a group assessment on 15th & 18th November.
Working Hours 0700h – 1500h and 1200h – 2000h
For more information on this position please contact email@example.com