Working pattern: Full time or part time working up to 37 hours per week
Applications close: Sunday 3 November 2019
Interviews: Thursday 14 and Friday 15 November 2019
Teams and locations
Please indicate which teams, location and hours you would prefer. Vacancies occur in the following areas:
- Single Point of Advice (SPOA) based in Eastbourne
- Locality Services (includes MASH, Duty and Assessment, Family Support and Youth Support CIN/CP court work teams,, and Family and Friends Teams) based in Eastbourne, Hastings and Lewes
- Looked After Children’s Teams based in Hastings, Lewes and Hailsham
- Through Care Team based in Eastbourne
- Children’s Disability Service based in Eastbourne
- Fostering and Adoption Teams based in Eastbourne
For more information regarding our current vacancies please contact:
Trisha Funnell, Recruitment and Retention Manager (Children’s Services)
Tel: 01323 464395
We are looking for creative and professionally curious Senior Social Workers to join our Outstanding children’s social work teams. We seek people who are ambitious for the young people and families they work with and fully committed to making a positive difference. As a Senior Social Worker you will already be undertaking take a strong social work leadership role in your current role with extensive experience in undertaking complex work and sharing your learning and experience with others.
We know that we can bring about change by doing things differently. We believe its relationships that matter, not statistics and targets. That means our Senior Social Workers spend as much time as possible with children and families, adopting an evidence informed approach to practice. We know it works because our practitioners and families tell us so.
Because we know it’s a tough job, we ensure our people have the tools and support they need including:
- flexible working practices supported by the latest technology
- access to expert advice and support – including reflective supervision and consultations with child psychiatrists and psychologists
- evidence-based team learning, group supervision, online research tools
- advanced training in partnership with Sussex University
- an exciting new career development framework
As a Senior Social Worker you will play a role in driving forward the above initiatives, leading group supervision, modelling reflective evidence informed practice and being part of the experts in practice network across the service.
Relationships are the key to best practice
At ESCC our Connected Practice model creates change through meaningful and helpful relationships with children and families – an approach which focusses on enabling young people to lead safe, stable and fulfilling lives at home with their families.
Our practitioners draw on their own resources to develop effective relationships with vulnerable families and children. By working intensively, and using structured interventions, our Senior Social Workers help families to solve problems themselves ensuring that children are safer and better nurtured.
Progress your learning and training
At East Sussex we know that our staff are individuals with their own career goals. So we have created a clear career development pathway, known as Progress, which maps out all the different options and opportunities for enriching and developing individual careers. It enables staff to build on existing skills and develop new knowledge and it provides clarity around the requirements for pay and progression, social work registration and further accreditation.
A wide range of benefits
In addition to a highly-competitive salary, we offer a wide range of benefits including:
- relocation costs up to £8k, if you are making a move of more than 20 miles
- interest free loan for rental deposit
- payment of your HCPC registrations fees
ESCC offers a £3k ‘golden hello’ payable to those recruited to specific teams:
- Locality teams in Hastings
- Children’s disability Service
For all the details, take a look at the full range of benefits here:
Join us now
Our Social Work practice is high impact. We know we are making a difference because that’s what children and young people tell us. We’ve been awarded the following:
- Judged Outstanding by Ofsted July 2018
- Local Government Association Chronicle Awards for services to children and business transformation
- Silver Award for Best Social Work Employer at the Social Worker of the year Awards 2017
- Teaching Partnership status.
So, if you’d like to be part of our progressive team, apply NOW.
For more information about Children's Social work in East Sussex please visit www.eastsussex.gov.uk/jobs/social-work-with-children