Job Title: Senior Learning and Development Officer
Team: Adults Practice Development Team, Hertfordshire County Council
Grade: £34,788 pa progressing to £38,813 pa
Hours: 37 hours per week
Location: Stevenage campus (flexible working available)
A unique opportunity to help shape social care in Hertfordshire
Are you enthusiastic, motivated, well organised, with strong communication skills and the ability and experience to deliver a range of diverse projects? If so, we would welcome your application.
Working within a high performing and supportive team you will be responsible for:
- Delivery of a range of learning and development and commissioning activity including training programmes designed to meet the development needs of registered social care professionals including Social Workers, Occupational Therapists and Nurses.
- Design, collation and presentation of workforce data and staff surveys.
- Working with colleagues from partner agencies to design joint learning interventions.
- Supporting managers and Heads of Service to implement learning and providing update reports as required.
- Liaising with colleagues from across the service to ensure learning reflects staff needs and meets organisational objectives for workforce, registration, progression and retention strategies.
Whilst experience in the health and Social Care sector and/or the Learning and Development sector would be an advantage it is not a prerequisite
Skills and Experience:
- We are looking for a dynamic individual, educated to degree level or who can demonstrate equivalent experience, with effective interpersonal, negotiating and motivational skills, and experience of working in a political environment.
- You will be able to work with a wide variety of stakeholders at all levels and a professional, approachable manner is vital as are strong communication skills; both written and verbal.
- You will have the ability to influence across a range of sectors.
- You will be a proficient user of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook and have excellent presentation skills.
- You will have the ability to analyse and present information/data for various audiences.
- You will have some knowledge / experience of managing projects.
Please ensure your application includes a supporting statement which addresses how you meet the requirements of the role. Any applications without a supporting statement will be rejected
There will be a 10-minute presentation entitled - ‘Why is Learning and Development essential to ensuring an effective workforce?’
For further information or an informal chat please contact Danny Gibb, Head of Practice Development on 07415016463.
Closing date: 10 November 2019
Interview date: w.c. 18 November 2019