We are looking to recruit a self-motivated individual to join our IT Services department at the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead.
Your principal role will be to provide development skills (including computer programming) for both in-house and connections with third party software providers ensuring solutions are fit for purpose and meet the needs of the council, reflect the council’s IT strategy and are secure, reliable and meet guidance from central government.
Within this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- where third party solutions are not available, the post holder will be required to fully develop and support in-house corporate software applications.
- integrating multiple corporate computer systems so that the data they contain can provide ‘joined-up information’ in order to deliver services.
- design, code and test computer programs and data interfaces to agreed functional specifications using the most appropriate software development tools, so that applications are easy to maintain and develop, and capable of further integration.
- in-depth understanding of software applications needed to deliver internet and GIS related business applications.
We are looking for candidates with strong technical and service competence with extensive experience of working within an IT department.
Minimum professional experience should include:
- Database management skills inc. MsSQL, PostgreSQL and Oracle.
- Web server technologies inc. Apache, IIS and Tomcat.
- Secure software development best practice (ISO/IEC 27034).
Candidates should be aware the role requires the successful candidate to pass an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
To discuss this role further, please contact Simon Arthur, IT Strategic Lead, on 01628 796299 or email email@example.com
Closing date: 17 November 2019
Interviews: 25 November 2019