You will join us as a Planning Officer gaining experience in dealing with a wide variety of investigations and associated appeals and retrospective applications in the areas markets towns, villages and most attractive countryside which are the subject of significant development pressure and growth.
Planning Officer Responsibilities:
- Investigate, negotiate and resolve a wide range of enforcement matters including material changes of use and listed building control
- Attend site visits and evening meetings of the relevant council committees, and forums, presenting recommendations in respect of enforcement and any related matters as required
- Provide professional advice on all enforcement related matters face to face, on the telephone and in writing on behalf of the council
- Prepare and present evidence in respect of appeals against planning enforcement decisions, particularly in respect of written representations appeals as and when required
Planning Officer Requirements:
- Relevant planning degree or equivalent qualification or level of experience
- Strong oral skills and experience in giving succinct and well-argued presentations both formally and informally
- Demonstrable experience working within a planning office with a minimum of a year in an enforcement role
- A strong knowledge of planning legislation coupled with the ability to interpret policies and planning law
About South and Vale District Council:
South Oxfordshire and Vale of the White Horse District Councils are forward thinking local authorities, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. This joint authority team are looking for a professional, competent and enthusiastic person who is able to communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme.
Location: Milton Park, Oxfordshire, OX14 4SB
Hours: Full time, Permanent, 37 hours per week
Salary: £34,155 to £38,932 per annum
Benefits: A basic 24 days annual leave per annum, rising to 29 days after five years, plus bank holidays and time off between Christmas and New Year. Flexible working and annualised hours; pension scheme; childcare voucher scheme; gym membership, free swims, workplace exercise classes, contributory medical schemes, wellbeing appointments, free eye tests for DSE users and more; free parking.
Please note that all candidates who meet the essential criteria will be contacted via email and asked to complete an on-line application process. You will need to complete this process before the closing date otherwise your application will not be considered. The closing date for applications is 12 noon on 1ST of November.
Because our client’s application process consists of completing a detailed application form please be aware that if you apply within 48 hours of the closing date we may not be able to process your application quickly enough in order for you to complete the final stage.
You may have experience of the following: Planning Enforcement Officer, Local Authority, Planning Permission Specialist, Development Management, Planning Officer, Local Authority Town Planning, etc.