If you live here, work here or just visit, you will already know Reading is a great place and at Reading Borough Council we’re dedicated to making it even better. Key to this is ensuring our workforce is equipped for the challenge – this is where you come in.
About the role
We are seeking to recruit a Box Office Manager to join the sales team in providing a high quality customer focused front line service for Reading Arts and Venues. The role is responsible for managing the efficient sales, enquiry service and event delivery to customers and visitors at The Hexagon, Town Hall, South Street and other venues as required. This is an exciting opportunity to work with the various teams that deliver the events, conferencing, festivals and catering programme at Reading Arts and Venues and other venues as required. The venues have a busy programme of events, and the role will require evening and weekend working.
Responsibilities will include:
- To have primary responsibility for the smooth running of the Reading Arts Box Office, ensuring effective staff management of contracted and casual staff while providing an excellent service to visitors, promoters, agents and other departments within RBC
- To ensure an effective and prosperous sales environment for Reading Arts, developing strong sales channels for primary and secondary income.
- Ensuring the ticketing system; Spektrix is providing an excellent sales platform for members of the team and customers. To be first point of contact for all event loading and maintenance of the system, ensuring accuracy, efficiency and audit/compliancy are met.
- To be an integral part of the venues management team, providing information, support and ticketing expertise to both internal departments and external contacts including; promoters, agents, other managers and staff.
- To manage the reputation of the service, venues and RBC by providing excellent customer service, resolving any issues / responding to comments in an efficient and professional way.
- Excellent IT skills and a high level of experience of ticketing systems.
- Previous experience of managing or supervising a busy Box Office or related department.
- Ability to work in a busy and high pressured environment, with the ability to be flexible and willing to adapt as a member of the team carrying out a variety of functions across the service.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and produce work accurately in a busy and pressured environment.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate to all departments and external partners, with the ability to remain calm and professional when dealing with colleagues, customers and industry contacts.
- Experience of working in the arts or entertainment industry.
- Commercial acumen and results driven while being used to working to deadlines.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
· Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
· Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
· A wide range of flexible working opportunities
· Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
· Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
· Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
· Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
· Employee Assistance Programme - round-the-clock access to free, impartial and completely confidential support and advice from trained therapists and legal experts
· On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
· Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
· Cycle salary sacrifice scheme
· Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
For more information about these roles or for an informal discussion please contact: Sarah Cox on 0118 9606060