About the Role
The Environmental Health & Licensing Departments are looking for a positive, supportive, flexible and innovative apprentice to become a member of the Council’s Business Support Team.
The apprenticeship is provided in conjunction with Waverley Training Services and you will work towards achieving either a Level 2 or 3 Diploma Qualification in Business Administration and gain valuable experience in Microsoft Office and other bespoke computer systems and programmes.
A typical day in the role could involve:
• Joining other team members in answering and redirecting questions and queries from members of the public, licence holders/applicants over the telephone, email or in person;
• Using the Council’s specialist computer systems to log, manage and process, various types of licensing applications such as taxi drivers, premises, clubs and riding stables, environmental health nuisance complaints or food business registrations;
• Managing the departmental email boxes; and,
• Assisting colleagues with general administrative duties such as updating case notes, web site editing, scanning, photocopying and mailshots.
About the Person
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
• An ability to work under pressure and multi-task;
• Great customer service skills; and,
• An alignment with the Council’s expected behaviours of being positive, supportive, flexible and innovative.
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave, and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership.
For an informal discussion about the role, please call Justin Haves, Business Support Team Leader, on 01737 276408.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.
Closing date: 27 October 2019
Interview date: 1 November 2019
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change. Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.