Do you have experience of working for a local authority processing and delivering traffic management orders?
We have an exciting opportunity for a permanent Senior Traffic Orders Officer to manage the processing and delivery of the Councils traffic management order service. You will manage the service in both the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames and the London Borough of Wandsworth under the Shared Staffing Arrangement.
This role is an ideal stepping stone for someone who has knowledge of drafting and making traffic management orders, and who would like to make the next step in this management role, covering the service across the two boroughs. This is an opportunity to join a hardworking team, that are supportive of each other. You will be based in Richmond Council’s offices in Twickenham, London.
Purpose of the role:
You will be responsible for managing the traffic management order service across both boroughs ensuring that both Councils comply with all requirements for current legislation for experimental, permanent and temporary traffic management orders regulating moving and stationary traffic on the highway.
- Ensure that the services for both Councils are dealt with on an equitable basis to deliver the standards required.
- Provide operational and motivational leadership of staff, and promoting a good working environment with the primary aim of delivering high quality services.
- Ensure all Member queries about service delivery are dealt with promptly and effectively.
- Advise and support senior managers on relevant service and operational matters.
- Assist as required with the management of budgets, including ensuring that all necessary processes and procedures are carried out in a timely and effective way.
- Contribute towards the development of good working relations and collaborative arrangements with relevant third-party organisations including private, voluntary and other public organisations.
- A good knowledge of traffic and parking legislation and in-depth knowledge of Traffic Order making.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good IT skills and the ability to manage software packages and databases.
- Good organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines, and work well under pressure in a busy and demanding environment.
- The ability to manage the service including financial monitoring.
Please review the attached Job Profile for the full details on this varied role.
Why choose us?
We can offer you working arrangements that will enhance your work-life balance, including a generous holiday allowance of 31 days plus bank holidays.
In addition, we offer a range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments. A wide range of developmental opportunities is also offered.
Indicative Recruitment Timeline
Closing Date: Sunday 17th November 2019
Shortlisting Date: Friday 22nd November 2019
Interview Date: Monday 2nd December 2019
Please note that these dates are only indicative at this stage and could be subject to change.
The closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds bring important and positive contributions to the Councils and can improve the way we deliver services. We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.