Team: Adult Learning Disability Team
Team: Providing - CBG5
Salary: £18,795 - £19,171 per annum pro rata
Hours: 37 hours per week
Location: Priory House, Shefford
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 1st November 2019
Interview Date: W/C 11th November 2019
More about the role:
The role of Administrator is an essential position in our very busy team. The role involves the following:
- Answering telephone calls from Central Bedfordshire residents and other professionals
- Being a point of call for the team and receiving enquiries when Professionals are unavailable, and this includes taking and passing on messages
- Updating spreadsheet’s regularly to ensure that statistical and budgetary information is recorded accurately
- Minute taking for a variety of meetings
- Providing administrative support with minute taking, organising events and meetings for the team
- Supporting the team with any typing tasks or general administrative duties as and when required
- Covering for other administrative colleagues within Integrated Services when required
The successful candidate will be required to have the following:
- GSCE qualifications grade A-C
- Experience of working in an Administrative role
- Experience of using Microsoft packages such as word and Excel
- Experience of using a range of office equipment
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic person to help the team make a difference to its Customers. The role will involve communicating with customers, colleagues and staff across the Council, the ability to apply numeracy and literacy skills, the ability to maintain confidentiality and to work on your own initiative.
The team offers a full induction, regular supervision, agile working, annual leave in line with the Council policy and the opportunity for training and development. We are friendly and supportive and will welcome your input in supporting us to deliver our essential service to the public.
Find your greatness with Integrated Services and join us in helping deliver better services to our customers in the local community.
Central Bedfordshire Council has its own vision and values that are integral to everything we do. Our area vision is to make Central Bedfordshire 'A great place to live and work’.
To assess your suitability for the role, you must demonstrate how you meet the key outcomes, accountabilities and competencies. To do this, you’ll need to refer the Family Profile, Role Profile and Competency Framework which can be found in the Recruitment Pack: Administrator Recruitment Pack
For an informal discussion about this position, please contact: Team Manager Amanda Babbington at email@example.com or call 0300 300 8100
For queries related to the recruitment of this vacancy, please contact: The Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Central Bedfordshire Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in the workplace.
To maintain a fair and consistent approach for applicants, it is Central Bedfordshire Council's policy to only consider applications made via our online application system and we therefore thank you for not submitting your application offline.
If you do not have a CV to hand, please look on our website for a CV template that you can use to create your CV to apply for this role. http://www.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/jobs/work-here/application.aspx