We are looking for self-motivated, enthusiastic individual to join our comprehensive Street Cleansing Service within the Streetcare Team working from our depot in Bennet Road.
About the role
Applicants should be flexible to working arrangements, have a good understanding of customer care and have the ability to organise their own workload with initiative to meet set targets and deadlines.
Ideally the successful candidates will have a proven track record of outside working in a demanding environment, driving tippers and other mechanical sweeping machinery, use of petrol driven hand tools along with an understanding of general vehicle maintenance. A full UK driving licence is required.
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
- Shopping vouchers and money off deals
- Staff Club - organises events such as pub quizzes and theatre trips
(Mon – Fri 12.00 noon start based on a 37 hour week)