CVs will be accepted for this role.
West Berkshire Council is looking to recruit Registered General Nurses for Birchwood Care Home which provides nursing care and care for frail elderly residents, some with dementia and challenging behaviour; we aim to offer a friendly, safe and secure environment.
We believe our residents have choices about their care, and we promote independence as much as possible. We aim to offer social and emotional support to our residents in order to meet their individual needs.
We are looking for Nurses to provide nursing care to residents in accordance with their assessed needs. We are looking for staff that can;
- Maintain skills and keep up to date with clinical developments and best practice in areas relevant to care delivery in the home.
- Undertaken training appropriate to the roll, as agreed with the Home Manager, and ensure learning is shared and transferred into practice.
- Review the daily delivery of care, including pressure area prevention, nutrition and infection prevention and control procedures. Ensure high standards of care delivery are maintained.
- To be responsible for the safe and appropriate management, administration and recording of medication, including controlled drugs and oxygen, in accordance with NMC requirements.
- Act at all times within your own skills and competence in accordance with the NMC code of practice.
We will reimburse you for your NMC annual fee (PIN).
The salary range is £29,636 - £35,934 pro rata, per annum, Grade I, SCP 26 - 33.
West Berkshire Council offer excellent employment benefits such as flexible working, access to a wide range of relevant training, local government pension scheme, family friendly policies, a range of local discounts and much more. You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement of 26 days per annum rising to a maximum of 34 days, depending on how long you’ve worked for us and the grade of your job.
This role has been identified as public facing in accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2017; the requirement to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in English applies.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Carla Kell on 01635 33967 or email Carla.Kell@westberks.gov.uk