Kitchen / Catering Assistant – Thames Ditton
Community Support Services
7 hrs per week (11am – 2.30pm on Mondays and Thursdays)
Can you work a few hours a week supporting older people in the Thames Ditton community? Can you offer a smile and a cheery attitude to our customers as you serve them a hot meal? Would you like to spend time with a group of dedicated and inspiring people? If the answer to these questions is ‘yes’, then we may have the role for you?
You will be based in the heart of the Thames Ditton community at our Thames Ditton Centre for the Community in Mercer Close. Working with an energetic and dedicated team, you will be providing meals to our customers, preparing snacks and maintaining a safe and clean kitchen. However, there is more to your role than ensuring high standards of hygiene and service are provided; you will be one of the people bringing a smile, a laugh and even comfort to our older and more vulnerable customers.
We pride ourselves on our commitment to our community and we are proud of the support we bring to our older residents through the Community Support Services Team. This group of committed and inspiring individuals come together to offer our residents a huge variety of care and support. For example,
- Seven Centres for the Community
- Meals on wheels
- Community alarm and telecare services
- Community transport
- Relief carers scheme
You can be part of this!
About the role
- The job will be truly varied and, as you might expect from the job title, you will be involved with numerous kitchen and catering tasks such as kitchen cleaning, dish washing, food preparation, as well as serving lunches.
- You will be in a great position to share ideas at the Centre and to help ensure that our Centre provides the best possible service to our customers.
- You will have a good standard of education, be equally happy working in a team as on your own and you will understand the value and the importance of customer service.
If you would like to know more, please call Hugh on 07740 544987 or pop into Thames Ditton Centre for the Community on either a Monday or a Thursday to meet the team and to find out more.
Closing date: Friday, 25 October 2019.