Harlow Council currently manages capital investment, repairs, and maintenance and compliance services for nearly 10,000 homes, 2,400 leasehold properties and a number of light industrial, shops, offices, community buildings and leisure facilities.
As part of the success we have invested over £100 million in our assets to provide better homes and more modern commercial premises for our residents and lessees. Its journey of transformation in the past few years has been remarkable.
As an Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Produce position statements and technical guidance
- Develop and maintain planned and preventative maintenance activities
- Carry out surveys of electrical plant, infrastructure and fixed wiring installations and systems
- Evaluate risk assessments of electrical services
- Design new electrical installations, including material and workmanship specifications
- Assist the role of Project Manager in the management oversight of projects and programmes
- Day-to-day oversight of the electrical installations and systems refurbishment programme
- Review, update and maintain real-time data for compliance monitoring of the Client’s assets
You’ll have experience of supervising and monitoring the performance of external contractors and consultants in delivering electrical testing/inspection and installation activities and a good understanding of Safety, Health and Environmental requirements.