We are looking for an experienced qualified social worker to take up the role of Social Worker in the Learning Disabilities Assessment & Care Management Team. The team is part of an integrated health and social care service providing a wide range of support to people with learning disabilities and their carers. The service is fully committed to working with people with learning disabilities to increase their independence and inclusion and to maximise their control over their lives. The team is very forward thinking and encourage staff to develop their professional skills so as to impact the lives of those we serve.
The successful candidate will:
- have extensive experience of working with vulnerable service users and their carers
- be committed to the principles of personalisation and have a track record in supporting people to maximise their control
- being creative in developing support plans that develop the service user and demonstrates best value and community inclusion
- have experience in safeguarding adults practice
- be involved with the frontline duty system
- hold a complex caseload
- get involved in some Court of Protection cases
So why come and work in Enfield?
Well, in short, it’s a great place to work! We are fully committed to working with people with learning disabilities to increase their independence and inclusion and to support people to maximise control over their lives. We are a top performing service with:
84% of people supported to live in settled accommodation in the community
Very low numbers of admissions to residential or nursing care
Excellent track record in the Transforming Care Programme
19% of people with learning disabilities in paid employment
Gold standard in Making Safeguarding Personal
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a difference to the lives of people with learning disabilities whilst further developing your social work skills and career. We are a high performing service that continues to go from strength to strength and requires commitment and dedication towards our service users, council and team. If you want to be a part of this challenge and of a successful team and think you have the skills and abilities to help us achieve our goals, then we want to hear from you.
These roles are full time permanent contracts based at St Andrews Court in Enfield Town.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date is midnight on Tuesday 22nd October 2019
If you would like to know more about the role please contact Charlene Thomas, Team manager on 020 8379 5747.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Claire Turner in our recruitment team on 0208 132 1024
A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419.This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”..