We are looking for an enthusiastic, customer focussed, a productive person with an excellent work ethic to work in the small but very busy Corporate Maintenance Team, which is part of the Reading Borough Council Corporate Facilities Management (FM) Department.
The Facilities Management (FM) Department manages a wide number of commercial corporate, properties including interesting building such as the HQ Civic Offices, Hexagon Theatre, Town Hall, The Main Library and maintenance provision for other smaller Community buildings in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
About the role
You will be providing reactive mechanical building services, repairs to internal customers and mobile working using a tablet device to maximise productivity and effectiveness. Work can include commercial pipework, drainage systems, pumps and air handling systems, fan coil units, commercial plumbing, ventilation systems, pool plant and on other systems within commercial buildings.
Applicants should have a full range of commercial mechanical skills, with appropriate qualifications, be customer focussed, committed to working hard and on their own, but also as when necessary part of a small team where multi-skilling is an important due to the size of the team.
You should be highly motivated and able to work to priorities in emergency situations and take part in a call out rota. The role is a flexible role that requires early and late start times and Saturday working as in the job description and partaking in a 24hr emergency call out rota
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
For more information on this position, please contact Saoirse.firstname.lastname@example.org