Kitchen / Catering Assistant – Claygate
Community Support Services
Permanent - 16hrs per week
£9.72 – £10.17 per hour
Can you work a few hours a week supporting older people in the Claygate community? Can you offer a smile and a cheery attitude to our customers as you assist in making them a hot meal? Would you like to spend time with a group of dedicated and inspiring people? If the answer to these questions is ‘yes’, then we may have a role for you?
You will be based in the heart of the Claygate community at our Claygate Community on Elm Road. Working with an energetic and dedicated team, you will be providing meals to our customers and supporting our Meals on Wheels service. However, there is more to your role than ensuring high standards of hygiene and service are provided; you will be one of the people bringing a smile, a laugh and even comfort to our older and more vulnerable customers.
We pride ourselves on our commitment to our community and we are proud of the support we bring to our older residents through the Community Support Services team. This group of committed and inspiring individuals come together to offer our residents a huge variety of care and support. For example,
- Meals on wheels
- Seven Centres for the Community
- Community alarm and telecare services
- Community transport
- Relief carers scheme
- Independent living centre
- And specialist groups supporting those with Parkinson’s and those recovering from a stroke.
You can be part of this!
About the role
- The job will be truly varied and as you might expect from the job title you will be involved with numerous kitchen and catering tasks such as, kitchen cleaning, dish washing, food preparation as well assisting in serving lunches.
- You will be in a great position to share ideas at the Centre and to help ensure that our Centre provide the best possible service to our customers.
- You will have a good standard of education, be equally happy working in a team as on your own and you will understand the value the importance of customer service.
If you would like to know more, please call Trudy on 01372 463476 or pop into the Claygate Centre for the Community to meet the team and to find out more.
Closing date Friday 25th October 2019.