• Establishment/use of systems to support work flow/work chasing
• Diary Management
• Production of various types of documents with a high degree of confidentiality and accuracy
• Processing of reports to meet statutory Children’s Services timescales
• Preparation of routine correspondence, draft letters, speeches, reports etc.
• Take ownership of calls/enquiries and ensure that outstanding tasks are followed up and dealt with to the satisfaction of both the customer and the Council
• Management of all correspondence
• Booking rooms for meetings and providing information to meetings as required
• Collating and distributing papers as required
• Attend meetings as required to take and produce clear concise minutes. To alert of any actions prior to the next meeting
• Circulating minutes and information and manage actions arising
• Assist in the arrangement of formal and informal events
• Setting up databases/spreadsheets in response to data collection needs
• To undertake general office duties including filing, scanning and photocopying
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.along with other relevant employment checks.
To apply, please follow the link to the online application form. CVs are not accepted.
Alternatively, please call 0118 974 6116 (answerphone outside office hours) quoting 710836
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.