We’re passionate about supporting our staff; start a new chapter in your IT career and be part of our bright future
We’re always looking for better ways of doing things. How can we make the most of our resources? Get our IT to become more accessible and user friendly? Support our staff to support our community with the power of effective IT? These are just some of the things you could be looking at when you join us. You’re going to have a big impact on what we do, so you’ll be trusted to take ownership of your work. You’ll have time to immerse yourself in the IT department. To deliver better today. And to create a better tomorrow
Because we’re Bracknell Forest
What it’s like working in our team
We are a fairly new team who work closely together to make sure we are providing the best support to the Bracknell Forest Council staff to help them support Bracknell Forest residents. Sometimes the work is challenging however there is also time for finding creative solutions and every day is different. The right applicant will be 1 of 7 Application Support Officers who support a total of 16 applications across 6 directorates
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- For the applications for which the post-holder is responsible, ensure that effective and timely application support is provided
- Ensure that there is appropriate planning, testing and implementation of application/infrastructure releases, form design and configuration changes, in line with business priorities and supplier roadmaps.
- Work closely with our business teams to ensure that the applications that they are using are fit for purpose and in line with the service requirements
- Follow the current procedures and policies, including change control, security and auditing, release, configuration, problem and incident management and application back-ups.
- Wherever possible, identify potential areas for service improvement and explore how these can be achieved.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Great job satisfaction knowing that you are supporting our staff deliver their services to the Bracknell Forest Community
- Great work/life balance with Bracknell Forest Council’s flexi working scheme
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre (The Lexicon).
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
What we’re looking for…
We are looking for an enthusiastic, confident and technical person who is passionate
about IT support with a strong focus on customer service. Someone who isn’t afraid to challenge others when necessary and has the ability to think outside of the box when required.
Interviews will be held on the 24th and 25th October 2019.
Want to ask us a question?
Please do not hesitate to contact Matt Viccars, Application Support Team Leader, on 01344 351210 or email enquiries are welcome email@example.com