We are looking for an experienced professional, 18th edition qualified, Electrical Engineer who is able to complete high volume electrical tasks across a diverse, non- housing, estate. You will have a keen eye for detail and a productive work ethic. As a key member of our customer facing team you will have excellent customer service skills and deliver a safe, high quality service for this very busy SSA Facilities Management Team.
This is a dynamic service that brings a fresh approach to Facilities Management with the wider team operating across both Richmond and Wandsworth Councils bringing a unique employment opportunity.
We are looking to appoint an Electrical Engineer who will be responsible for;
- Providing both reactive and planned maintenance of electrical systems. Identifying fault and resolution of said faults.
- Managing assigned jobs to ensure maximum time efficiency, whilst being flexible to changing priorities.
- Providing first response to electrical faults on systems including HVAC, fire alarms, emergency lighting.
- Carrying out minor new works installations in line with 18th Edition requirements
- Ensuring value for money by choosing materials based on budget, location and intended use.
- Working as part of a Duty Engineer rota and being on-call for out of hours emergencies
In return, we can offer you working arrangements that will enhance your work-life balance. These include excellent working conditions, flexible hours, and a generous holiday allowance of 31 days plus bank holidays.
In addition, we offer a range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments. A wide range of developmental opportunities is also offered.
Indicative Recruitment Timeline:
Closing Date: Friday 25th October
Shortlisting Date: Monday 28th October
Interview Date: TBC
Please note that these dates are only indicative at this stage and could be subject to change.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds bring important and positive contributions to the Councils and can improve the way we deliver services. We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.