An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Child Protection Conference Chair to work in our Safeguarding and Quality Assurance Service. You will be responsible for efficient and effective inter agency working in respect of the child protection system; constructively challenging actions and interventions that are not delivering the required outcomes for children and young people; and contributing to quality assurance measures and performance management systems.
You will also be chairing child protection conferences within statutory timescales, facilitating the full participation of professionals, parents and children and young people.
As a registered social worker with HCPC you will have a minimum of five years post qualifying experience of working with children, young people and their families, together with demonstrable experience of working as a qualified social worker within Child Protection social work.
If you are passionate and committed to improving the lives and opportunities of children and young people then we would like to hear from you.
In return we offer –
- Market Premia payment of £4000 per annum, payable in 12 equal instalments
- Retention payment of £2000 per annum, payable after 2 years’ service with Medway
- Essential User Allowance with option to transfer to Lease Car following probation
- Relocation Scheme up to £6000
- Access to our award winning social care academy
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Generous local government pension scheme package
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Access to CAREFIRST advice & counselling service
- Employee discount scheme for national and local retailers
- Travel plan discounts
- Assisted car purchase scheme
- The Government has introduced new ways of supporting parents with childcare costs. Further details are available here: - https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/
To view our full range of employment benefits please click here.
Medway is a unitary authority in the South East of England, made up of the towns of Strood, Rochester, Chatham, Gillingham and Rainham and more rural areas, including the Hoo Peninsula.
Situated in Kent in the South-East of England, the area has plenty of green spaces, excellent facilities and easy access to the national motorway and rail networks, facilitating superb transport links to London.
We provide all local Government services for a quarter of a million people, looking after education, environment, social care, housing, planning, business and much more - everything from frontline services such as rubbish collection and events like the Dickens Festival to work that goes on behind the scenes to ensure services in Medway run smoothly and cost effectively.
Working at Medway Council means that you get to be part of this journey working alongside talented, professional colleagues to drive forward change to transform the lives of our residents and the communities they live in.
For an informal discussion please contact Mike Denson, Child Protection Conference Team Manager on 01634 331046.