Folkestone & Hythe is a dynamic and innovative place to live, work and visit. Situated on Kent’s south east coast, the district is both rural and coastal in character. With an established arts and cultural hub and unrivalled regeneration, including the Garden Town Otterpool Park, the area is well connected, with London just under an hour away via the High Speed rail link and access to mainland Europe via the Channel Tunnel.
Based in our modern offices in the heart of Folkestone, with easy access to transport links, local shops, entertainment facilities and the seafront, corporate membership and reward schemes, Employee Assistance Programme, and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
We have an exciting opportunity for four enthusiastic, customer-focused individual with excellent customer service skills to join our Customer Services Team:
2 x Permanent (37 hours per week)
1 x Permanent (18.5 hours per week)
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work from home (on a rota basis once fully trained), undertake a NVQ Level 2 qualification in Customer Service and to benefit from our employee rewards scheme.
Key qualifications / knowledge:
• To work as part of a team to provide a professional and efficient first point of contact for council services across all access channels (online, web chat, social media, phone, email, face to face & written correspondence).
• GCSE grades A-C or equivalent
• Recent and relevant experiences in a Revenues, Benefits, Housing or Customer Service environment
• Competent user of IT, particularly Microsoft Office
• Confident in helping customers to self-serve
Some experience in the areas above would be an advantage however training would be provided.
Above all, if you have a flexible approach to work, excellent communication and customer service skills and have the ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative then we want to hear from you.
The hours will include some evenings (5pm to 8pm) and Saturdays (9am to 2pm).
For an informal discussion please contact Indeera Trelokie (Senior Customer Services Officer) on 01303 853338 or Indeera.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Tuesday 22nd October, interviews are to be held on 28th and 29th October.