We are looking for an exceptional person to fill this key position in the Commercial operation of our leading banqueting and cultural venue in Reading.
About the role:
- To assist with the management and delivery of commercial events, activities and services across the Town Hall.
- To assist in the successful selling and co-ordination of special events such as functions, dinners and weddings maximising revenue, demand, and commercial growth of our services.
- To assist with the management of the Front of House operation,including functions, catering, the Pantry café and bar services across the building.
- You will often be the first point of contact for our clients and visitors so you will be able to deliver outstanding customer service at all times.
- Nothing will be too much trouble for you.
- You will respond to all our clients with a positive, constructive and ‘can do attitude’ as you will work to ensure that every visitor will want to return again and again.
- You will be happy to duty manage Events and Functions and deputise for your manager.
- Working across the whole Town Hall complex you will need to be a great team worker, a real people person, have high presentation standards and be able to put your hand to anything.
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- Employee Assistance Programme - round-the-clock access to free, impartial and completely confidential support and advice from trained therapists and legal experts
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
For more information on this position please contact email@example.com