Reach your full potential by supporting families to reach theirs. Get great prospects for your future.
Making a difference is what we do, we strive to make a positive contribution to the lives of children, young people and adults. You will be part of a wider Early Help team who deliver high quality services to families of Bracknell Forest. The families are at the forefront of everything we do.
Because we're Bracknell Forest.
What it’s like working in our team…
The Education Welfare Service is part of a wider multi-disciplinary team that works with children, young people and families. We promote the importance of regular school attendance. We work closely with Schools, Children's Social Care, Housing and Health Services as well as many other services to ensure the very best outcomes for children, young people and their families.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- Managing a caseload of families many who have complex and challenging needs including embedded absence issues
- Provide advice and support to an allocated number of schools and promote the importance of regular school attendance.
- Carry out and oversee comprehensive needs/risk family assessments and develop assertive interventions often handling complex and challenging situations. Work will include undertaking structured and persistent one-to-one family support work. Provide parenting support and advice to families as and when required
- Plan, deliver and review individual and family support plans to assist families and to ensure that pupils whose absences are causing concern are identified and action plans followed up by school.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with statutory and voluntary agencies to ensure a high standard of service to families. Manage regular contact/liaison with allocated head teachers/ schools in line with the EWS Service Level Agreement.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
Enthusiastic and proactive, you will have an awareness of the principles behind school attendance and the Early Help Agenda and a passion for improving outcomes for children and families. You will need to be well organised, self-motivated and committed to being an integral part of the team.
You will need experience of working with families in 1-1 environments, have excellent communication skills, a sound knowledge of safeguarding and a clear understanding of holistic family support.
Interviews will be held on 31 October 2019.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Name Katy Daly
Job Title Education Welfare Team Leader
Phone Number 01344 464719