Additional Salary Details
In addition to the salary grade and spinal point column for this role, there is an enhanced pay structure available for this role as follows:
For the 2019/20 financial year:
1) Additional supplement payment of 20% of the agreed salary per annum. This is paid throughout the financial year on a monthly basis. The payment will be made to you on the basis that you remain in post and this payment is reviewed annually.
2) A second additional payment claimed from the 1st April each year. The current value is set at £2,327 per annum.
Southwark Council are working everyday towards becoming the legal disrepair service of choice, being respected in the marketplace and known for our pragmatic approach, excellent service and outstanding results.
In this role, you will deliver professional surveys, prepare schedules and tender reports with effective financial appraisals. You will be our resident expert in the use of devices, aids and instruments for assessing and diagnosing building failures, challenging recommendations, delivering training and, where necessary, representing the Council in court. You will also take the lead in providing specialist advice around the selection, appointment, retention and fees for specialist contractors and will manage and monitor service and maintenance contracts to ensure compliance.
Most importantly, you will have the gravitas and expertise to act as Southwark's voice on landlord/tenant matters, leaseholder consultation requirements and contract dispute and resolution to help our residents benefit from better services every day.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
* A relevant surveying qualification. Degree level, Diploma or equivalent
* Substantial experience of repairs and maintenance service delivery; sustainability and construction, and contract administration at a senior level
* Proven working knowledge of the Housing Disrepair protocol
* A Strong understanding of landlord/tenant matters, leaseholder consultation requirements and contract dispute and resolution
* Excellent communication skills - from writing reports to answering the public's questions
This role is offered on a 12 month FTC basis.
Please click on the vacancy information and job description documents for further details about this role or click here to find out more about Southwark Council and the Asset Management team.
To apply for this position please:
* Upload an up to date CV, including the names and contact details of two referees.
(Please note that referees will only be contacted with your permission.)
* Upload a supporting statement that shows us how you meet the required knowledge, skills and experience areas as tested at the shortlisting stages. This information is detailed in the job description or vacancy information attachments.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis for this role and we reserve the right to close this advert prior to the advertised closing date if a suitable candidate is found sooner.
Please submit your application as soon as possible in order to be considered.
Advert Closing Date: Sunday 3rd November 2019