£39,438 per annum for 36 hours per week based at Oxted Local office, Tandridge District Council offices, Station Road East, Oxted, Surrey RH8 0BT.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
About the role
Are you a qualified, HCPC registered social worker with at least 3 years post registration experience as a social worker in a social care or multi-agency community setting?
Do you excel in your profession and are you interested in the challenges of working in a busy, high volume, professional environment?
You will need to be motivated and flexible with high professional standards and sound knowledge and experience of current legislation and its application to practice in a social care setting.
An applied knowledge of The Care Act and The Mental Capacity Act and experience of undertaking safeguarding enquiries is essential alongside experience of working in complex situations using professional judgement and a range of interventions.
You will be able to communicate in a clear, fluent, concise and jargon-free way and in a courteous, calm and professional manner.
You will have experience of, and be able to provide, professional, reflective supervision, guidance and advice to less experienced social workers, including those completing ASYE and social work students.
How we will support you in your role:
- Regular professional supervision provided
- An annual appraisal
- Working in a team of motivated, dedicated and friendly colleagues
- The support of a 'buddy' to help you settle into your role
- Excellent training including a thorough 3 week induction
- Essential training matrix linked to your role and professional development plans
- Practice, Performance and Development folder to support your career development
If you would like to join us please submit your CV and personal statement clearly evidencing:
- Experience of working within Adult Social Care (experience of working with various groups i.e older adults, physical disability, learning disability)
- Recognised Social work qualification ( DipSW, CQSW, CSS or approved equivalent, BA Hons Social Work or other relevant degree in Social Work)
- Registration with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Car driver is essential with full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job profile.
For an informal discussion please contact Su Owens (Locality Team Manager) on 01737 737175 or Christine Dunning (Assistant Team Manager) on 01737 737281.
We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on Sunday 27th October 2019.
Interview date to be arranged.
Please do not apply if you have been unsuccessful at interview stage previously for this role for any team across Adult Social Care in Surrey County Council as your application will not be considered for 3 months from your interview date.