Waltham Forest is an ambitious Borough. Driven by culture and the innate creativity of our residents, we have developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council. As London’s first Borough of Culture we are creating more opportunities to empower our residents and boost their life chances.
We are a Council bursting with energy and opportunity. Our strong grasp of our finances means that we can invest - in our residents, our place and our people.
Over the coming year we will work with our communities to set out what we want Waltham Forest to be by 2030; how that relates to the ever-changing world, and what that means for the services and infrastructure that we need to provide. We need to make sure that everything we are doing today supports that vision, and helps our residents succeed in an increasingly uncertain world.
We need trailblazing leaders who can deliver fast-paced, people-centred design approaches to change. We will design for delivery with work that is insight led, co-created and digitally enabled, pushing collaborative working and igniting creativity.
Our Corporate Development department has been fundamental to Waltham Forest’s successful transformation. We have all of the levers to deliver sustainable change - human resources, digital, ICT, communications, culture, policy, strategy and change services.
This is an exciting time to join Waltham Forest – London’s first Borough of Culture and the winner of the MJ “Council of the year” award. We are busy creating a Council for the future and this is your chance to join an ambitious, customer focussed Corporate Development directorate during a time of change and transformation.
About the role:
The Insight and Service Design team addresses key strategic challenges, radically transforms services and creates new and innovative ways of improving outcomes for residents and ensuring financial stability.
The team works to ensure Waltham Forest maximises the benefits of user research, data analysis, business analysis and service design. It works collaboratively within multi-disciplinary teams to inform strategy and deliver transformational change and innovation.
This key role is responsible for leading and innovating the Council’s use of data to gain real insight that identifies challenges and opportunities. The Lead Insight Analyst will use expertise in data to undertake a variety of analysis, research and data-related projects providing accurate, meaningful insight to inform and support senior decision-makers in the Council.
- An experienced analyst used to developing and leading complex insight projects
- Comfortable liaising with senior leaders as an authority on data and insight, challenging assumptions and inspiring confidence
- Able to analyse and report on complex data, making it accessible and compelling for a wide range of stakeholders
- Comfortable using a range of data analysis and mapping tools (such as SPSS, R, Stata, ArcGIS, Map info)
- A track record of successfully managing projects and programmes, including managing the workload of other analysts
- Keen to work in a multidisciplinary environment, deploying your skills as part of a joined up group of experts tackling complex challenges