At the London Borough of Havering’s Children’s Service we pride ourselves on being an innovative organisation with a commitment to the needs of vulnerable children and young people in the borough.
The Children and Adults Disability Service (CAD) is a singly managed Education and Social Care service. We work together to achieve positive outcomes and reducing risk of harm to children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
Senior Social Worker
Grade 8- £39,774 - £44,607 pa (plus 4k Market Supplement)
An opportunity has arisen for Social Workers within Children and Adults with Disability (CAD) Service. You will be have the opportunity to work alongside a multidisciplinary team that consists of Social Workers, Senior Social Workers, Family Support Worker, Short Breaks Assessors, Education Case Officers, Educational Psychologists and Advisory Teachers.
Our focus is on statutory processes and implementing services for children and young people 0-18 with a disability, services that reflect values and principles of Personalisation and Safeguarding in line with statutory requirements brought by the Children’s Act, Children and Families Act 2014, The Care Act and 0-25 SEND Code of Practice.
We have opportunities to work predominately with children and are also seeking a Social Worker with experience and knowledge of Adult Social care to work with our young people taking them through to adulthood.
We are looking for dynamic professionals, passionate about keeping children and young people safe, helping them to achieve and supporting them and their families.
- The successful candidate is committed to developing the way we deliver services to children and families and is committed to the Personalisation and Prevention agenda as well as to working in a outcome focused and person centred approach.
- You will have a key role in ensuring social work contribution to Education, Health and Care plans and the delivery of short breaks.
- You will be supported in your role by Senior Social Workers and Practice Managers and we will enhance your CPD by ensuring your attendance on a free 15 day systemic family therapy training course.
- You will have a recognised Social Work qualification and post-qualification training, as well as excellent knowledge of current policy and practice.
- Your outstanding communication skills will be coupled with a proven ability to work collaboratively with multi agency partners and develop effective working relationships with a wide range of service providers.
- You should have experience of either working in children’s services or adult’s services as we have opportunities to specialise in children’s social care or Preparation for Adulthood.
The London Borough of Havering is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Havering Redeployees.
The London Borough of Havering is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
In addition, the Authority reserves the right to request employees undertake a basic disclosure check (Disclosure Scotland) where required for the role this includes anyone who has access to (or information obtained directly from) a government database, or has a GCSX account. These posts will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland check as per the requirements of BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standards).
Please note the CV's will not be accepted
Should you require any help or advice with your online application, please contact the Recruitment Help Desk on: 01708 432770
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Kerry Cattle on 01708 431187
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 25th October 2019 however interest in this job may be high and we therefore reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
You will be notified if your application has been successful. Interviews are scheduled for
Should you require any help or advice with your online application, please contact the Recruitment Helpdesk on 0203 373 0909.