Salary: Minimum Wage for your age
Fixed Term Contract term dependant on Level of apprenticeship
37 Hours per Week
We are looking for 2 business administration apprentices, one Trading Standards Business Administration Apprentice and one Community Safety Business Administration Apprentice
You'll be part of either the Trading Standards or Community safety team who are friendly and supportive and will offer a varied and interesting workload. We are based at the Civic Offices in Grays not far from the train station and bus stops.
This apprenticeship would suit anyone looking for a career in business administration, whether you're a school leaver, or looking for a career change. No qualifications are required to apply as full training will be given.
The apprentice position is for a minimum of 12 months, and involves the apprentice learning the skills and gaining relevant experience to achieve the Level 2 or 3 Diploma in Business Administration (level undertaken will depend on assessment and existing qualifications). You'll be provided with a wide variety of work experience opportunities to demonstrate proficiency in a number of office based activities as required by the qualification.
You'll be part of the Trading Standards team who are friendly and supportive and will offer a varied and interesting workload. We are based at the Civic Offices, New Road, Grays which is close to Grays Town Centre with excellent public transport links.
The Trading Standards team enforce various laws in relation to consumer protection to ensure that members of the public are not ripped off by unscrupulous traders and ensure unsafe or illegal items are not being sold.
- Provide a "reception service" for the team, dealing with all phone calls, emails, post and personal callers.
- Accurate and timely data entry.
- Minute taking and maintenance of spreadsheets
The successful applicant will be able to display the following:
- Willingness to learn
- Well presented
- Works effectively in a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good professional telephone manner
- Good time management
- Organised, flexible and able to multi task
- Confident communicator
- Methodical and self-motivated
- IT literate with experience of using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
The Level 2 Business Administration Apprenticeship requires you to achieve
- Level 1 functional skills qualification in both Maths and English if not already held (eg. GCSE grade A to E)
- Level 1 Diploma in Business Administration
The Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship requires you to achieve
- Level 2 functional skills qualification in both Maths and English if not already held (eg. GCSE grade A to C)
- Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
As a Thurrock Council Apprentice you'll have access to a host of additional benefits, including:
- Free NUS Apprentice Extra discount card
- Membership of the Apprentice Forum Group with monthly gatherings
- Apprentice only personal development events throughout the year
- 25 days annual leave
- Health and Well-being Programme
- Specially negotiated retailer discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme - free confidential advice to help you with your work-life balance
- Access to additional training
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- We pay apprentices the national minimum wage for your age.
Ages 16 to 17 - £4.35
Ages 18 to 20 - £6.15
Ages 21 to 24 - £7.70
Ages 25 and over - £8.21
Training will mainly take place at the Civic Offices, but you may be asked to attend an alternative training facility from time to time.
Closing Date: 13 October 2019
Our vision - An ambitious and collaborative community which is proud of its heritage and excited by its diverse opportunities and future.
Thurrock is an exciting place to live and work. We are an emerging cultural and arts centre, home
Thurrock Council is committed to equal opportunities. As a Disability Confident Employer, disabled people will be offered an interview where they meet all essential criteria on the person specification. We champion flexible working and job share applications are welcome.
We serve a diverse community where people are different yet equal. Diversity underpins everything we do.
To view the Job Profile and Person Specification please follow the link below: