Wokingham Borough Council, based in Wokingham Town Centre, are currently recruiting for a Children's Commissioning Manager to work with Children’s Services on a 12 month FTC to cover Maternity leave.
The purpose of this role is to lead Strategy and Commissioning across Children’s Services to ensure the development and delivery of high quality outcomes for Children and Young People in Wokingham
Key Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:-
• Working collaboratively across the organisation to lead, champion and ensure effective delivery of the commissioning cycle
• Providing expert briefing and support to the Children’s Leadership Team
• Matrix management of Corporate Projects and related Strategic and procurement activity
• Effective working with Stakeholder management to ensure a responsive and proactive delivery of the service to meet the Council’s outcomes and meets customer needs
• Secure external funding to support delivery of the Children’s and Young People’s Plan
• Provide functional operational leadership of direct line reports on project activities
• Support the organisation to ensure legislative and professional compliance
Skills, Attributes and Experience:-
• Considerable experience in managing large complex commissioning activities within Children’s Services
• Considerable knowledge and experience working in a political environment, with significant understanding of the issues for local authorities and service users
• Understanding of the external landscape, including the national and local political context, legislative frameworks, and regional and national drivers
• Experience of obtaining and fully utilising external funding opportunities
• Experience of developing and delivering strategies to create efficiencies including negotiation with providers
• Education to degree-level or equivalent relevant professional qualifications or expertise
• Evidence of continuous personal and professional development
• Membership of relevant professional body
If you would like an informal discussion about this role, please contact Sandra Bayden at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please follow the link to the online application form.
CVs are not accepted. However, a personal statement may be sent to the above email in support of your application. Alternatively, please call 0118 974 6116 (answerphone outside office hours) quoting ref: 710627
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.