Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first.
About the job
Our Building Control Service is currently recruiting Surveyors to join our multi-disciplinary team, to support us in ensuring our key functions are effectively managed and consistently delivered on target.
As a Level 2 Surveyor, you'll take a leading role on a range of projects, and will contribute to the running of the service by ensuring the allocation and processing of Building Regulation applications, the inspection of dangerous structures and building work, and through your work with senior members of the team nurturing tentative enquiries related to our services.
About the person
The role will require having responsibility to manage an area, vetting plans, site inspections and mentoring/support towards training and development of junior surveyors. The ability to think, plan and act instinctively to the changing circumstances with a competitive mindset within the industry.
Full support will be provided to achieve and maintain the required CPD levels. In return for your skills, knowledge and hard work, we offer a dynamic working environment, generous employee rewards package, a dangerous structures out of hours payment, and the opportunity for you to further your career in London’s second largest borough of 33 London boroughs.
If you would like any further information please contact the Building Control Manager by email email@example.com
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- Local government average salary pension scheme
- Free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- A 36 hour week for all full-time staff
- A generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays) rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
Disability Confident Employer & Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy