Grade - PO1 – PO3 Career Graded
Salary - £32,430 - £39,774 [plus £5,000 market supplement PA]
Would you like to be part of one of the most ambitious property licensing schemes in London?
- Exciting and challenging work environment – lots of variety and opportunities to stretch your capabilities
- Career progression – we provide training and courses to help you improve your potential
- One of the highest pay levels in London – we offer a market supplement on the standard pay scales to ensure good staff are rewarded for the work they do
- A range of staff benefits, from flexible working and a tax-free bike scheme to discounts in stores and interest-free travel loans.
We’re looking to recruit two permanent Environmental Health Enforcement Officers to support the Council’s private sector housing enforcement and licensing functions.
Waltham Forest is designated as a Selective Licensing area and was one of the first Councils to adopt and use powers to impose financial penalties as an alternative to prosecution proceedings.
The appointed officers will have a relevant Environmental Health qualification and display a commitment to strong enforcement actions using the full range of available powers. Displaying excellent verbal and written communication skills, and flexibility in working patterns and practices, the successful candidate will play a central role in the delivery of housing enforcement and licensing objectives.
Appointed officers will ensure that all aspects of commerciality are fully integrated into their day to day role as a front-line field officer.
We are looking for a motivated and dedicated officer with a demonstrable commitment to top quality regulatory services, with relevant qualifications and/or experience
The Council will offer appropriate support to successful candidates in their professional development
About Waltham Forest
The London Borough of Waltham Forest is fiercely ambitious. 2019 sees the Council named the first London Borough of Culture with a vast array of planned events for the coming year. We want to make sure each and every one of our residents enjoys a quality life in London. The council has an attractive range of staff benefits:
- flexible working options
- season ticket and travel card loans
- help with managing your finances and access to an employee Credit Union
- discounted gym membership at GLL leisure centres in the borough
- discount at local bars and restaurants
- help with well-being including access to an employee assistance programme
Join our plans for growth
We have a hugely ambitious growth agenda and pride ourselves on being forward thinking and an organisation that sets high expectations. We are working with partners to secure investment in making our borough a better place, are progressing with plans to build 12,000 new homes by 2020, and have an ambitious £5million digital programme, with more investment to come.
Be part of the vision
Our aim is that every single Waltham Forest resident enjoys a good quality life. We have a no-nonsense approach to getting things done and are embarking on a new phase in our transformation where three key priorities will underpin our ‘Creating Futures’ strategy:
- Keep Waltham Forest clean and safe
- Ensure a decent roof over residents’ heads
- Improve residents’ life chances.