Social Workers - Social Work for Children Looked After
Can you be the change to ensure the best outcomes for our children and young people? We are recruiting Social Workers, it’s a great time to join Croydon, with a systemic social work practice model, investment in our service and senior leadership leading change – our destination is clear.
We are looking for experienced registered social workers who have a commitment to delivering excellent social work services for children looked after including unaccompanied children seeking asylum in the UK. Delivering the best outcomes for our children and young people through fostering placements, residential homes, semi-independent accommodation and by family and friends, carers or prospective adopters. You will be the change.
With working knowledge of best practice, you will be able to articulate your commitment and motivation to support children and young people helping them to achieve more in all areas.
As a social worker, you will have completed your assisted year in practice and have high aspirations and ambition for children who are looked after. Demonstrating how you effectively build and maintain relationships with children and young people, undertaking visits, assessments, care plans and reviews.
In Croydon, we want to ‘be the change’ and have outlined our destination to deliver a Children and Young Persons service that empowers our workforce and partners; ensuring children, young people and their families are the centre of everything we do.
With strong learning development opportunities Croydon is the best place to take the next steps in your social work career
Our offer to you:
A salary depending on your qualified experience £37,842 - £45,585 In addition to the annual salary there will be a welcome payment of £3,000 (paid at 6 months with a 24 month tie in) and a further £1,500 retention package (£750 to be paid at 12 months and then 6 months after of £750)
Our benefits also include:
- 31 days’ annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- development opportunities in key areas of practice;
- Relocation allowance up to £8000
- Laptop/Phone to support agile work practices
- A pension scheme with an average employer contribution of 20%
- Clearly defined career progression pathways
- A core skills training programme including Strengthening Families training
- Graded Care Profile2 tool training through our Safeguarding Children’s Board
- Post graduate learning & development opportunities with leading Universities
- Leadership programmes, including an Aspiring leader programme for children’s social workers & Black & Minority Ethnic Aspiring managers & senior managers programme
- Twice a year Early Help & Children’s Social Care Conferences
- Systemic supervision training for all managers and senior leaders
- Staff reference group Discounted vouchers via Croydon Options.
Most of all what makes Croydon special is our people – both within the council and throughout the borough. Our diverse population has made Croydon a thriving cultural hub, it also makes it a truly unique environment in which to work and practice social work.
Click here for Role Profile.
Click here for our Recruitment Brochure outlining our destination vision and systemic practice.
Croydon Council is an inclusive employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We will be pleased to consider applications from candidates seeking flexible working arrangements.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the advertised role.
Croydon council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The Successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check
Please click here to apply.