Wokingham Borough Council who are based in Wokingham are currently recruiting a full time permanent Occupational Therapist for the Children with Disabilities Team.
About the role:
• The purpose of the team is to review the effectiveness of existing care packages whilst exploring ways in which service users and their families/carers can be supported to move towards greater independence and safe and appropriate provision of care.
• The team supports joint working between Social Workers and Occupational Therapists to ensure effective multidisciplinary practice becomes an integral part of our new way of working.
• To review care packages to ensure we are promoting independence and supporting service users and their families/carers to reach their potential and desired outcomes using a multi-disciplinary approach when reviewing service users and carers.
• Degree or Diploma in Occupational Therapy.
• Working with Multidisciplinary teams in a variety of settings.
• Experience working with Children and their Families/Carers at home including manual handling assessments and techniques, use of assistive equipment and modification of the environment.
• HCPC registration.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
To apply, please follow the link to the online application form. CVs are not accepted.
Alternatively, please call 0118 974 6116 (answerphone outside office hours) quoting ref: 704774
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.