Accounts Receivable Officer (Ref: ARO)
Salary up to £19,818 p.a.
The Council is offering an excellent opportunity for a keen and enthusiastic individual to work with an experienced financial team who specialise in the recovery of the Council’s sundry debts.
The duties of the role will include:
- Using Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel, in a business environment
- Using the Council’s financial and supporting systems
- Dealing with customers, other Council departments and third party organisations in writing, by telephone and face to face
- Completing general administrative tasks, such as filing and photocopying
- Working in a busy team where prioritisation and flexibility are key to achieving performance targets
Applicants must be team players with excellent written and numerical skills, ideally with GCSE (or equivalent) in English Language and Mathematics. The role also requires excellent attention to detail, reliability, flexibility and confident communication skills. The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in fluent English is essential in this post.
We are committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The benefits package includes generous leave entitlement, a full training and development programme, membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme and free membership to the Council’s local leisure centres, which includes free access to gyms, swimming pools, fitness classes, racket sport sessions, a health suite and a range of generous discounts across other leisure and culture services.
Broxbourne Council is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Details and application forms for all job vacancies are listed on the Council’s website.
Application forms must be submitted online by 29 September 2019 quoting the above reference.
Borough Offices, Bishops’ College, Churchgate, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, EN8 9XQ.
Telephone: 01992 785509, Email: email@example.com