Case Officers in the Business and Income Theme are responsible for the collection and recovery of the Council’s revenue income including council tax, business rates, rents and service charges.
In this role you will primarily be responsible for the recovery of rent, service charges and other housing related debt from both current and former tenants of the Council. Working with the ‘Orchard’ housing management system, you will apply the Council’s Housing Income Management Policy and the County Court Pre-Court Action Protocol. This will include monitoring the rent accounts for 2700 council tenants and providing advice and support to tenants who are having difficulty in maintaining their accounts, negotiating and monitoring realistic repayment agreements and preparing and submitting cases to the County Court and attending court hearing and evictions.
Experience of working in a revenue collection environment is essential while experience of the collection of rent and service charges would be an advantage.
The ideal applicant will:
- Have experience of income recovery or credit control
- Have a good working knowledge of welfare benefits including Universal Credit and Housing Benefit
- Understand relevant housing legislation and county court procedures
- Have excellent customer service and communication skills
- Be a team player who can work in a flexible and supportive manner
- Be able to handle multiple tasks at once and manage their own time well
- Deliver their work to a consistently high standard
- Understand the importance of confidentiality
- Have excellent IT skills, proficient in using Microsoft Office
Interviews will take place on the week commencing 30 September 2019.