SOLICITOR (LICENSING AND PROSECUTIONS)
RG7: £35,934 - £41,675 progression to RG8: £41,675 - £44,632 plus a Market Supplement of up to £5000
Practising Certificate paid.
Full time 37 hours, Permanent
The Council are looking to appoint a solicitor or barrister (Licensing and Prosecutions) who has relevant experience working within local government to deal with a varied and challenging caseload, including all aspects of Licensing and Prosecutions.
About the role
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Advising the Council’s Licensing Committee
- Reviewing evidence, advising, and conducting prosecutions in relation to Food Safety, Trading Standards, Fraud against the Council and Housing enforcement.
- Representing the Council as advocate in the Magistrates Court
The ideal candidate will be a qualified solicitor or barrister with 3-5 years PQE experience and able to demonstrate experience in all aspects of Licensing and Prosecutions law and practice.
A Standard Disclosure and Barring Service check will be sought from the successful candidates.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery feesFor more information on this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.Closing date: 23rd September 2019
- Please note that these dates are indicative at this stage and may be subject to change
- Interview date: w/c 30th September 2019