The Parking Services Team is looking for an Appeal Officer to work as part of the team processing the Formal appeals/representations. You will be involved in collating evidence for independent tribunals and representing the Council at hearings for disputed penalties or non-payment of fines. You will also be responsible for registering warrants with the County Court to pass to the Enforcement Agents as necessary. Working on your own or with other team members you are an ambassador for the council offering information, help and guidance to the public over a range of issues generally related to parking matters. You must have excellent communication skills and act professionally at all times, particularly when dealing with confrontational or distressed people. You will be dealing with personal and sensitive information and therefore will be expected to maintain confidentiality.
Applicants will need a good knowledge of standard Windows computer packages and some knowledge of parking legislation would be desirable.
Duties will include:
- Responding to appeals/representations against parking and civil enforcement fines to strict timescales and policy.
- Answering queries from the public regarding their penalty charge notices
- Collating evidence for Independent Tribunals and representing the Council at the hearings
- Registering Warrants at County Court
- Passing cases to Enforcement Agents for collection
- Running management information reports
- Collating evidence for court for Blue Badge mis-use cases.
Working in a confidential and professional manner