Fixed term or secondment opportunity for 18 months with the possibility of an extension
Through our Council Plan and Future Ealing transformation programme we have set an ambitious plan to deliver community outcomes, transform the organisation to meet that challenge and in doing so deliver the significant savings required of us.
With a clear programme and robust governance in place we are looking for two experienced transformation experts to join our small Programme Management Office (PMO) team to co-ordinate and develop the programme and ensure we deliver.
The roles require a mixed skillset to:
- oversee the effective governance and reporting of a complex change programme with the experience, skills and motivation to play a hands-on role in delivery; and
- inform the development of innovative proposals in the future pipeline.
We are looking for candidates who:
- understand the pressures on the Council and public services
- have excellent project and programme management skills
- can analyse data and propose improvement ideas and outcomes
- can turn ideas into practical projects that deliver real benefits
- can develop business cases for change and improved performance
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- can influence, negotiate and challenge others constructively
- can review, evaluate and share learning with others to build best practice
- have experience working on complex change in a public sector context.
The role would be well suited to you if you:
- have experience in hitting the ground running in a fast-moving environment - either in a corporate or a service role
- want to drive change and transformation in the Council
- are curious and can help others see how services can be delivered differently
- drive services to improve by bringing alternate ideas to life and
- want to help the Council become more outcome-focused in delivering value to its citizens.
Please contact Rebecca Greenwood via email on GreenwoodR@ealing.gov.ukif you would like further details or for an informal discussion about the role and Future Ealing.
This role is subject to Ealing's enhanced vetting process.
This position is for a fixed period, for 18 months with a possibility of an extension. External applicants will be offered a fixed-term contract and existing Ealing council employees will be offered the opportunity of a secondment. LBE employees must ensure a secondment release form is signed by their line manager before applying and emailed to HRSSC-RecruitmentTeam@ealing.gov.uk by the application closing date.
Closing date: 19 September 2019