Wokingham Borough Council who are based in Wokingham Town Centre are currently recruiting for a full time permanent Senior Social Worker. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic forward thinking team.
The purpose of the role is to reassess need, provide advice and support with signposting, maximising social capital, collaborate with key teams to provide a seamless service for individuals and identify themes and solutions for savings. The team works with people who have learning disabilities, physical disabilities, brain injuries, mental health issues, older people with frailties and other health conditions.
Key Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:-
• Focus on working with existing customers who have been identified as having complex care packages.
• To work creatively to identify whether needs can be met in different ways
• Apply a strengths based model of care
• Deliver change and challenge differences in a respectful manner
• Have the ability to work with professional confidence, autonomy and take appropriate decisions in a person centred manner.
• Undertake Supervision for Team Members in the day to day running of the team
• Be instrumental in ensuring effective systems are in place to ensure delivery of services that improve outcomes for residents of Wokingham
• Help adults to improve the quality of their lives
Skills, Knowledge & Experience required:-
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent telephone manner
• Excellent IT Skills, including Microsoft Work and Excel
• Ability to work well as part of the team
• Knowledge of working with customers and dealing with challenges in an effective manner
• Social Work (degree or diploma) qualification is essential
• Full EU driving licence (and access to the daily use of a car) is essential
We are committed to developing the skills of our workforce as an innovative team looking to meet the challenges of the future. We offer monthly supervision as part of this commitment as well as a comprehensive Induction Programme.
Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to join an excellent dynamic Team in the Social Work Department.
If you would like an informal discussion about this role, please contact Dawn Ryan by email at Dawn.Ryan@Optalis.org
Closing date for applications: 2nd October 2019
Interviews from 8/10/19
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
To apply, please follow the link to the online application form. CVs are not accepted.
Alternatively, please call 0118 974 6116 (answerphone outside office hours) quoting ref: 711473
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.