The Medway Safeguarding Children Partnership (Medway Council, Kent Police and Medway Clinical Commissioning Group)) is seeking to appoint a highly effective Independent Scrutineer for the Secure Estate and would like to hear from candidates with significant experience at a senior level of safeguarding children and knowledge and experience of custodial and/or institutional settings.
The role of independent scrutiny for the secure estate is to provide assurance, through monitoring and challenge, in judging the effectiveness and quality of multi-agency arrangements to safeguard and promote the welfare of children placed within the secure estates within Medway. This is undertaken through objective scrutiny, acting as a critical friend, promoting reflection to drive improvements, and reporting how well the safeguarding partners are providing strong leadership to fulfil their safeguarding children role.
We are looking for someone with demonstrable experience of providing leadership and achieving excellence in the coordination of safeguarding services and someone who is able to ensure the voice of the child is at the heart of all aspects of scrutiny.
Candidates are required to submit a CV and supporting personal statement setting out their suitability against the person specification and why they are interested in the role. CV’s and supporting statements should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 4 October 2019.
If you would like to have an informal discussion about the role please contact Simon Plummer, Medway Safeguarding Children Partnership email: email@example.com tel: 01634 331179.
The MSCP is also advertising for another Independent Scrutineer role. Applicants can apply for both roles.
About the Medway Safeguarding Children Partnership (MSCP)
Medway Council, Kent Police and Medway Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) have set up the MSCP in response to the Children and Social Work Act 2017 and Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018. The MSCP was launched on 2 September 2019 to replace the Medway Safeguarding Children Board. The purpose of the MSCP is to support and enable local organisations and agencies to work together in a system where:
- Children are safeguarded and their welfare promoted
- Partner organisations and agencies collaborate, share and co-own the vision for how to achieve improved outcomes for vulnerable children
- Organisations and agencies challenge appropriately and hold one another to account effectively
- There is early identification and analysis of new safeguarding issues and emerging threats
- Learning is promoted and embedded in a way that local services for children and families can become more reflective and implement changes to practice
- Information is shared effectively to facilitate more accurate and timely decision making for children and families.