Waltham Forest is an ambitious Borough. Driven by culture and the innate creativity of our residents, we have developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council. As London’s first Borough of Culture we are creating more opportunities to empower our residents and boost their life chances.
We are a Council bursting with energy and opportunity. Our strong grasp of our finances means that we can invest - in our residents, our place and our people.
Over the coming year we will work with our communities to set out what we want Waltham Forest to be by 2030; how that relates to the ever-changing world, and what that means for the services and infrastructure that we need to provide. We need to make sure that everything we are doing today supports that vision, and helps our residents succeed in an increasingly uncertain world.
We need trailblazing leaders who can deliver fast-paced, people-centred design approaches to change. We will design for delivery with work that is insight led, co-created and digitally enabled, pushing collaborative working and igniting creativity.
Our Corporate Development department has been fundamental to Waltham Forest’s successful transformation. We have all of the levers to deliver sustainable change - human resources, digital, ICT, communications, culture, policy, strategy and change services.
This is an exciting time to join Waltham Forest – London’s first Borough of Culture and the winner of the MJ “Council of the year” award. We are busy creating a Council for the future and this is your chance to join an ambitious, customer focussed Corporate Development directorate during a time of change and transformation.
About the role:
Can you spot potential problems a mile away? Do you love finding better ways to do things? Are you a true PMO star? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As our PMO Innovation Lead, you will support the effective delivery of change across Waltham Forest Council. You will be making sure that our Change delivery portfolio is working within an effective change framework to enable the Management Board and key stakeholders to make decisions and interventions. This role will:
- lead the creation, deployment, and management of process, tools and frameworks to deliver change.
- Working on our frameworks and governance to make sure that they are fit for purpose for your portfolio
- Capture/ share knowledge to champion best practice and facilitate lessons learned
- Identifying and driving forward continuous improvement
- Actively managing stakeholder relationships to support delivery of the portfolio
We are looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for all stakeholders
- Is able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
- has significant relevant experience in PMO lead roles
- Is comfortable working with senior stakeholders and dealing with ambiguity
- Enjoys taking ownership of issue resolution.
- Ideally has experience of delivering PMO outcomes across both waterfall & agile methodologies with a good understanding of the complexities of project/programme delivery.
- Outstanding stakeholder management, providing service to internal stakeholders to achieve successful project outcomes