An exciting new opportunity for an experienced media and communications professional has become available to work at Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council to lead the Media and Communications team (on an initial 3 year fixed term contract).
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join us and develop your career as the Council looks to deliver its objectives set out in the Council’s Corporate Strategy. We are seeking highly motivated, professional experienced candidates committed to excellence in their work and with a passion for communicating and engaging with a wide range of audiences. If successful you will be responsible for managing all forms of communication and engagement with residents, partners, media and staff.
- Developing and strengthening the TMBC brand with residents, partners and the media.
- Communicating good news stories to different audiences via a number of different platforms and channels.
- Understanding and advising the Council’s political and managerial leadership on emerging communications and press issues.
- Leading on the development of content for a planned new corporate website as well as managing all other forms of corporate communication and engagement (including the intranet, facebook, twitter, Instagram etc).
- Managing a small but busy Media and Communications team.
This role will suit a focused, enthusiastic manager who enjoys a challenge and is capable of understanding and articulating complex issues to different audiences including elected representatives, residents of the borough and staff. You will have a proven track of record of delivering communications campaigns and understanding of how to engage with a variety of different audiences.
Benefits include: eligible to join the excellent local government pension scheme, generous annual leave, excellent location with easy parking.
Interview dates: w/c 7 October 2019
For an informal discussion and to find out more about this role please contact Adrian Stanfield, Director of Central Services & Deputy Chief Executive on 01732 876346
This is a fixed term role for an initial period of 3 years.
Our offices are located in the new settlement of Kings Hill, a major contemporary redevelopment of a famous RAF base, near to the historic town of West Malling, that now has 3,000 new homes together with one of the most successful business parks in the South East. It is a superb place to work, with easy access and parking, the vibrant business and residential community enjoys shops, restaurants, leisure and transport links which are outstanding for a rural location. Its success is underpinned by the concept of 'placemaking' which has shaped an alluring destination where people live, work and play. For more information on Kings Hill visit - http://www.kings-hill.com/