Little Learners Nursery Group are growing and we have excellent professional development opportunities for enthusiastic and committed EYFS practitioners.
Little Learners Nursery Group is judged as outstanding in all areas by Ofsted. We have increased our Early Years provision to include children from 12 months upwards. We have recently invested heavily in new indoor and outdoor learning environments for babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers. We are looking to recruit a deputy manager to lead our pre-school. You will be an excellent Early Years practitioner with pre-school experience looking for an exciting opportunity to help the Nurseries to build.
• Work under the direction of the Manager and deputise for him/her as and when required.
• Lead a team of professional workers and to ensure good practise at all times.
• Support the aims and objectives of the nursery and assist the Manager in the organisation of a high-quality establishment for children from birth to five years
• Provide high standards of care and early learning – to include the monitoring and review of provision, this includes providing a safe, caring environment to enable the personal, emotional, social and educational development of children, through individual attention and group activities.
• Support the team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, learn and develop
• Direct and support staff as agreed by the Manager.
• Have specific training/knowledge of working with babies and children under two years old in order to support their individual needs
Do you have:
• An appropriate qualification (Level 3)
• At least 2 years post qualification experience in a pre-school setting
• At least 3 years in a Deputy Manager role
• The commitment to provide first class childcare
• The ability to promote good practice in a professional manner
• Good organisational skills
• A caring, kind and approachable manner
• An understanding of how children develop and learn
• Good English, Mathematics and ICT skills
• The ability to work on your own initiative
• GCSE Maths and English Grade A-C
We can offer:
• A welcoming Nursery
• 2 weeks paid holiday over the Christmas period, including an additional 4 weeks holiday and bank holidays.
• Close links with the church and local community
• Enthusiastic, well-behaved children who are eager to learn
• Excellent career development
• Bespoke training programmes
• Hardworking, motivated and positive colleagues
If you are ambitious, successful and excited by learning, please contact the school and nursery office to arrange a visit.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Criminal Records Bureau. References will be taken up before interviews are offered.
Address: St Saviour’s, Verulam Avenue, Walthamstow, London, E17 8ER
Tel: 020 8520 0612
Fax: 020 8520 7822