Job Title: Day Service Support Worker
Location: Buntingford Day Service
Hourly Salary: £9.36 - £9.93 per hour
Hours: 22.5 per week
- Good communication skills
- Have an understanding of people’s needs
- Ability to working as part of a team
- Flexible, innovative
- Basic computer skills
Hertfordshire Day Services are for adults with learning disabilities, mental health issues, physical disabilities, dementia and age related conditions. The service provides friendly support and opportunities at a range of venues across Hertfordshire to help people to have fulfilled lives and achieve their goals.
Buntingford Day Service is for older people and those with age related conditions. We are open Mondays, Wednesdays & Thursdays.
Responsibilities also include:
- Implement the support plan for each person, this may include: supporting service users with personal and/or intimate care, moving & handling, eating & drinking.
- Offering emotional support and encouragement to service users
- Contributing to the planning & delivery of a programme of activities that link to the 5 Ways to Wellbeing
- Assist in identifying support needs with the individual themselves and how best these can be met. This will include discussion with others e.g. senior staff, professionals (social workers, community nurses) and family carers as appropriate.
- Assist in maintaining appropriate links with family carers, relatives, other professionals and agencies.
- Keep records of client contact in line with policies and procedures and maintaining rules of confidentiality.
If you think you have what is required and you are ready for a challenging yet very rewarding role then please apply now to find out more.
Closing Date: 22 September 2019
Interview Date: 14 October 2019
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Gayl Staines on 01992 588555