Salary - £35,909 - £39,486 per annum Hay Grade 9
The Planning and Building Service is looking for an experienced ecologist to join their highly motivated and busy team. This is a time of exciting development for the Borough Council as we continue to provide a high quality built and natural environment for its residents, and balance development in a way that it sympathetic to, and reflective of, the outstanding natural environment that the Borough is renowned for.
With a positive attitude to development you will be joining a busy working environment. You will be responsible for:
- providing comments on planning application and pre-application enquiries as the specialist in the field
- ensure that ecological enhancements are embedded within development schemes.
- provide advice for Local Plan Framework documents
- scoping for Environmental Impact Assessment and engagement with the Habitat Regulations
- writing relevant sections of appeal statements and attending Hearings/Inquiries to provide expert witness for ecological matters.
- the preparation and presentation of reports to Councillors and Management team
- provide ecological advice to the Council for its own management of new and existing green infrastructure – including SANGS
You will be an enthusiastic and professionally experienced ecologist, educated to degree level and be capable of making sound professional judgements in a high pressure and fast paced environment. You will be encouraged to provide pragmatic and positive outcomes and secure enhancements in development schemes.
If you are looking to progress your career and be prepared to make a significant contribution to the Borough Councils ecological approach to managing it’s own assets (including the delivery of it’s own SANGs, and nature reserves), take a lead in the planning functions and development schemes of the Council, and balance that with an enthusiasm to look for pragmatic enhancements in the natural environment from opportunities arising from new development, then we need to hear from you.
A confident understanding of development planning process and environmental legislation is essential.
The post is for 37 hours a week and consideration would be given to opportunity for job share. Please speak to the recruiting manager is you wish to discuss this.
You will be a good communicator and enjoy working as part of a team, have excellent customer care skills and be able to make a contribution to the high quality Planning and Building service.
In return we offer a competitive salary, excellent terms and conditions, a minimum of 24 days annual leave and bank holidays, on site car parking, and the option to join the pension scheme.
For an informal discussion, please contact Louise Ward (Senior Landscape Architect) on 01264 368507 or Jason Owen (Development Manager) on 01264 368173
For more information or to apply please visit our website https://www.testvalley.gov.uk/aboutyourcouncil/a-great-place-to-work
Closing date: midday, 18th September 2019
We anticipate Interviews could take place w/c 30th September 2019
COMMITTED TO EQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITY IN EMPLOYMENT AND SERVICES